Monday 1 February 2010

The tree in winter

A couple of years ago, I was walking through Brick Lane on market day (Sunday) with Johanna, when we went into an art gallery. They had three beautiful tree artworks - winter, spring and summer (autumn had already been sold).


You may already know that I am somewhat partial to tree designs, and the winter one just captivated me... I wasn't going to buy it, as it was more expensive than I would normally consider, and I knew I'd be moving to America and didn't know where I'd ever display it, but Johanna talked me into it.


So I had it in my room in Clapton for a few months, and then it was packaged up and sent to America in a big shipping crate,



and now it hangs on the lounge room wall, to the left of the mirror :)

3 comments:

mama said...

You certainly have the knack of spotting gorgeous things. Good on Johanna for encouraging you buy it because as we know " a thing of beauty is a joy forever.." I didn't know that you are a tree person. I am too. I have been looking for so long for a tree for my lounge room. I have seen several but they are somehow not quite right. You are so lucky to have found this one - will just have to keep looking.... Enjoy yours!!

anita said...

it looks great

xxxx

Sharon said...

It looks incredible! Such a good decision to buy it. Did you buy it on the same day as going to the lovely traditional pub in Holborn? Do you remember the name of that pub?