Wednesday 20 January 2010

Christmas Decorations

It's a little late to be posting about Christmas, but - well - Mum's been asking, and she's my most dedicated reader, so I need to keep her happy!

If you look carefully, you can just see the God Jul
made by beautiful Johanna, hanging in the entranceway...




This branch obligingly fell down in the garden some months ago;
I liked its windswept look so kept it in the garage until I was ready to use it...







All the wooden ornaments were bought in Prague, many years ago!



The candleholder came from this year's Norwegian Christmas market;
so did the little wreath of mistletoe wound through it...
the Advent candles were made by my mother!

Our table set for Christmas dinner, which this year we shared with Anna and Dimitry
(as we'd had turkey so recently, at Thanksgiving, we broke with tradition and had a
leg of lamb... but as I was VERY busy cooking there are no photos of the meal!)


The lounge room ready for Christmas Eve guests



4 comments:

mama said...

At Last! It was well worth the wait! It is all so beautiful.

I can't tell what I like the best - at first I thought it was Johanna's God Yul heart but then I thought it was the lovely silver Joy, Peace and Hope hangings (where did you get these?)and then the windswept tree from your garden, also the Mistletoe Hearts, the Advent Candleholders, the gorgeous Christmas Placemats or perhaps the Poinsettia? And what about the Red Cardinal? Did you get it from one of the small towns where I got mine at a sale?

have to say I greatly admired the new couch - it is perfect for your loungeroom.

And the two things I made - the red serviettes on the coffee table and the advent candles - I must say that I was really touched that you still had them after all this time and you thought it worthwhile to transport them to USA with you. Wow!

Your home looks so cosy and inviting for Christmas Eve - when December comes next I will attempt to disapparate to be with you and share the warmth! Thanks for this lovely post!

anita said...

lovely

mama said...

PS Can you please tell me what is that hanging beside your mirror with the tea lights in it? XXX

emilyclare said...

just beautiful, but I expected not less from you!