We were invited to a Pumpkin Carving Party shortly before Halloween - the first time I've ever carved a pumpkin! So for those who have likewise been sadly denied, here's a step-by-step guide...
1. Choose your pumpkin. Make sure it is not bigger than you.
2. Cut out the top (or the base, if you're tricksy, preciousss)
3. Remove the gunky plug of pumpkin...
4. ...and place in a tub (along with all the other innards) so that the seeds can later be roasted and eaten.
5. Mark your design in crayon
6. - or by using a template -
7. and carve away!
8. You might choose a traditional design...
9. ...or something slightly more avant-garde.
10. But with the candles in, they'll all look suitably spooky. (Prizes* for those who can guess which is mine and which is Dave's).
* Some prizes - like esteem, and kudos - are less tangible than others. ;)