Friday 30 January 2009

A Bracing 32 Degrees


It's been cold the last few days... Houston weather seems to come in waves: we have a cold front, and the temperatures drop down overnight (sometimes to freezing or a bit below), and we have some cold days, but gradually the warmth creeps back until we're in short sleeves and sandals again. And then we hear about the approach of the next cold front...

Yesterday morning was particularly beautiful. I don't know how much you'll be able to see in the pictures, but every roof was white, the sunrise was rose-coloured and golden, and every leaf and blade of grass was transformed by frost.




(By the way, if you're wondering about the photos here, all is well - Dave's in the middle of moving his site to a new hosting service, so some things are in limbo right now, but all will return to normal soon!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take the most gorgeous frosty photos - in London Fields, in Cambridge and various other places in UK and now in Houston. However, I can't reconcile that frozen view of Brooknoll with the humid, hazy week we spent there in June - it seems like another world ....

Anonymous said...

lovely pix as always. snow snow snow here in london

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathryn!

As usual your pictures are amazing! I love looking into your blog every now and then, it makes me happy! The Swedish winter is cold and next week I'm going to the mountains to ski. Did you ever get my parcel that I sent you? I hope so. Maybe we could try to skype soon?

All my love to you!