Tuesday 24 November 2009

At this time of year

It's finally getting cooler. We have one of the woollen blankets on the bed (although we don't always use it). We've had the heating on a few times. I'm thinking about re-stocking the kindling basket by the fire. It's almost time to roast the turkey. Leaves are drifting down from the backyard trees. It's pleasant to be out of doors. It's dark when we get home from work. We wear slippers in the morning. And the grackles swarm and chatter each evening at dusk.

2 comments:

mama said...

"This time of year" sounds so lovely but I just can't quite equate it with Houston because each time I have visited it has been so hot!
The best way to rectify that is for me to come for Thanksgiving some time and experience it for myself!

Those grackles are amazing. Are they all preparing to fly away somewhere else for the winter?

Sharon said...

Your description makes me want to come to your house for Thanksgiving and then stay on until Christmas.....already looking forward to seeing photos of your living room at Christmas. Can you post a recipe on the lovely cherry chocolates we made at Anita's a few years ago? S xxxx