Wednesday 24 December 2008

A merry Christmas!


Truffles are made... mulled wine is brewing (well, not quite yet, but we've got all the ingredients) and we hope to have our first log fire tonight, when we welcome Dean, Don and Rickey to celebrate Christmas Eve.

I spent a lovely time this week decorating the house with all my beautiful decorations, gathered with love and care over many years from places as far afield as Sydney, London, Leipzig, Bremen, Leeds Castle, Prague... and our tree trimmings include some of Dave's family heirlooms, glass baubles from the 1930s and 40s. I always love decorating for Christmas, but this year had some added enjoyment, as it meant the lounge room is FINALLY cleared of boxes and able to be used!



I'll post more photos later (this for mum; I don't know if anyone else is interested) but here's just a start... I WISH I could see all my dear family and friends walking through that door for a Christmas visit, but for now we'll make do with pictures.

A very merry Christmas to you all, and much love!!



6 comments:

baker st jones said...

Happy Christmas, Kathryn & Dave. T&A&the boys

Sharon said...

It looks lovely!! So wonderful and strange to see your lovely chairs and garland somewhere different. Hope you have a lovely day. Sending lots of love S xxx

Dave said...

Thanks, everyone! All our best to you, too.

I think that third picture with the full candelabra is sooo lurrrvvely :D

Anonymous said...

I can't do better than your comment Dave - I think it is ALL sooo lurrrvvely! Just perfect! And how I wish that WE were walking through the door to sit by the fire with you both. However, as we can't I'll send this wish which is a Charles Dickens quote from my December calendar

"Many merry Christmases, friendships, great accumulation of cheerful recollections, affection on earth and heaven at last for all of us!"

We'll be thinking of you both today in your lovely Christmas house!

unkleE said...

beautiful decorations, gathered with love and care over many years from places as far afield as Sydney, London, Leipzig, Bremen, Leeds Castle, Prague...

I was rather hoping to see something from Rothenburg ob der Tauber, perhaps even something bigger than your head (though certainly not to be eaten!). : )

emilyclare said...

You have quite the eye for merry decorating! And I adore those little wooden choir folk, oh so much. I hope you had a lovely Christmas!