Wednesday 26 November 2008

Brief Transformations

Most mornings, I'm out and about very early, driving Dave to work at 6.30am so that I can have the car for the rest of the day... there is often a brief and fleeting beauty to be found in the otherwise mundane landscapes of our immediate neighbourhood, as the sun rises and the world moves quickly through the magic of early dawn.


I pass this stream every day; it's usually not much more than a drainage channel (though it fills VERY rapidly after storms, and can be a foot from the topmost bank in the morning, but back to its pictured state by evening) but as the mornings have become colder, it often has this hazy, mysterious look. I drive past and think 'I must get a photo of that some time...', and yesterday morning I actually stopped and did it.


This little detailed shot was going to have an accompanying comment along the lines of 'doesn't this look like it could be an aerial shot of some much bigger river?' until I looked closer and realised that if that were so, it would be in a land where ducks ruled the earth!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it must be "seasons of mist" although with not much "mellow fruitfulness" - except if you count the duck and then it would be "seasons of mist and mallard fruitfulness." He He!!

It IS very beautiful though ...

Anonymous said...

great photos kathryn

emilyclare said...

What a magnificent sight!