Wednesday 16 July 2008

Summer Camp

Last week we had two boys and a dog staying with us. One of the boys is sixteen, the other just turned five... I'll let you guess which required the most entertaining.

A few of the things we got up to during the week:

- letting Jack take photos of whatever he wanted (including himself) with my old camera



- lots and LOTS of play dough



- baking biscuits (which seems, from this shot at least, to be the new television... he dragged that chair there himself)



- playing with blocks



- covering the driveway in chalk pictures (mainly done in the early evening, for obvious Texas reasons)



Other activities which for some reason have gone undocumented included colouring with crayons, playing with dice, board games, stories, and walking the dog... we also managed a trip to the Children's Museum of Houston, which was having a pirate day in addition to their normal full program.

It was a full week, and not unenjoyable, but this week I'm enjoying the tranquillity!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's your lot to have boys, boys and MORE boys!! Brothers, neighbours, students .....

Anonymous said...

godsons

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great week! And that picture Jack took of himself is great! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! When I come to visit, I hope I get to do playdough and a pirate day at the children's museum. Otherwise I'll feel most ripped off. Oh, and I want to "bake cookies"....

xxxx